Saturday, January 4, 2014

Time to get Fit!

She's back on her Kanye workout plan! Err...

Not so much. Today I was so excited as I gloved up and listened to E-40: my age old pre-workout supplement. I was prepared to lift the damn gym!

Fast forward to my warm up. As a Zumba instructor who hasn't held a class since before Christmas break, I had that itch to shake my money maker. Went to the aerobics room and turnt up! Actually, I turned it way up. How high, you ask? High enough to sling my left shoulder right up and out its socket. I simultaneously had the image of a paddleball paddle...you know...that time suckling rudimentary toy from the 90s? Maybe the 80s actually. Yeah...

For those of you familiar with Peter Griffin, I sat and sucked my teeth and whimpered like him for a couple minutes. I'm something like a beast when I workout out though, so I continued dancing with a limp arm lol. Had to complete some kind of workout! Oh, it popped back into place.
Happy New Year to meeeee : ]

ANYWHO,
I haven't worked out in almost 8 months due to a full-time school schedule! Besides Zumba here and there. It is time to get back on my grind. I am angry in school without my gym outlet and that satisfying feeling of walking around tip drilling the day after leg day. Oh how I crave thee. This is what works for ME:

  • I do not have a set routine. I do what I feel needs to be done when I walk into where ever I'm going to be. Damn, that sounded kind of cool lol.

  • I do not stick to a strict eating plan. I eat as much as I want because I eat things that are healthy FOR ME. My metabolism is nice and I am blessed to have natural muscle definition without much effort.

  • I do give it my all. Why waste my time getting ready, going, then half-assin? *Dikembe Mutombo finger wave*

  • I do enjoy gym dates. I have not found any thus far, but accountability and support is always great! Friends and/or boos! A key motivator, no doubt.

Can't really think of much else. I'm simple.
========================================================================
A special note that I guess is worth mentioning are the times we miss our gym time window and just can't get in a full workout. Soooo, here are my new staples for crunch-time workouts:

-Boulders. Yes...boulders. Well...just some big ass rocks. There is a park behind my apartments with about 5 baby boulders that I can do step-ups on. Step-up to the beat of your music and add some arms then you're golden. Takes me back to Richard Simmon days.

-Benches (in my park). I do inverted pushups along with jumping jacks, Pyramid style (10 JJ, 10 pushups, 9 JJ, 9 push-ups and so forth).

-Jump rope. I jump to the beat of my songs no matter how fast or slow. I mix it up too. Jumping on my toes, pigeon toed, slew foot, high knees, small squats. The challenge is addicting.

-2, 5lb ankle weights. I use these if I want to do light knee/legs raises...or on my arms...whatever. They can go anywhere. I'm starting with such light weight because I haven't picked up a weight in so long.

-Bally Total Fitness Ab Wheel.
 Now I purchased this years ago and never consistently used it. Found it while unpacking and so I am going to see if it will help trim my waist. Feels good when you engage your abdominals.Worth a try.

All these are simple, yet effective. For me at least. I have performed all the above mentioned items within the past week and felt really good afterward and was really sore. <--- I am a no pain no gain kind of lady =)
=========================================================================

This is my starter pic. I will be tracking my progress monthly with stats and pics. My goal for the next couple months is to reduce my waist by an inch (focusing on back fat and abdominal strength) and gain an inch on my hip and thighs. Since I have been sitting on my butt all day in classes my lower half has melted away...cannot fit any old jeans! I'll be darned if I have to buy all new pants....
Height: 5'8"    |    Weight: 150lbs     |     Biceps: 12.5"  |    Calves: 14" 
Bust: 35.5"     |       Waist: 28"           Hips: 38"      |   Thighs: 21.5" 


Cheers to being, feeling, looking, and doing our best!

XOXO
-Love Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment