Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you are worth the trip.
-Glenn Beck
I
brought in the New Year meditating with zen music in the background to
keep the peaceful tempo. After I was finished...I had two pb&js on
deck! I was celebrating Life. Celebrating the moment. Myself. For the
first time in my life I was proud that I was completely content with
being alone and feeling the way I did on New Years Eve. Actually...I
wouldn't have minded being with my niece and nephews. So no liquor or
dance parties. No New Year countdown and slob downs. Just me and this
beautiful space I was creating.
It is my opinion that pure, raw, unfiltered happiness cannot be
found in things, people, places outside ourselves. I am not implying
that if you went out for New Years that you are not happy with yourself.
But as I reflect on 2013...my need to feel alive lied in the hands of
someone else...or mainly food. Loving and accepting yourself wholeheartedly is the most wonderful gateway drug to cultivate healthy
relationships and being happy no matter the circumstance. The world as
we see it is but a mere reflection of our inner reality.

That brings me to the first song of the New Year Pandora wanted to play
for me. One of my absolutely favorite India Arie songs. I sung it like
it was the last song I would ever be able to sing! It just seemed to be
the song I needed to hear. Perfect timing...as the universe always is.
Let's Get It Together in 2014. Let all that other ish GO!
XOXO
-Love Bug

No comments:
Post a Comment